Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The First Fry

Last week, on my day off, I finally set out to go on my first research adventure. After a long work-week, I wasn't feeling too adventurous, so I decided on a popular local joint called Simzy's. There are two locations, one in Manhattan Beach, and (the one I went to) Long Beach. This place has no problem filling the house, so I set out to see how their fries stack up.

The place has an extensive draft beer selection, so naturally, that was my first order of business. As soon as our drinks arrived, I put in the order for the fries. Bonus points for offering a mix of sweet potato and regular! With the fries is served a few dipping sauces; ketchup, avocado ranch and a garlic aioli. The fries were shoestring, which were good, however not quite fulfilling. They were crispy on the outside, but didn't have much of a potato-ey center. The flavor was very much on point. Perfectly seasoned, went well with all three sauces, and left me wanting more! The presentation was nice, with a cone-shaped basket to hold the fries upward.

Overall, I was very satisfied with my afternoon snack, and would definitely return for more. For this outing, I'll give Simzy's an 8 out of 10.

Until next time!

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment