Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ragin' Cajun

Afternoon, y'all. Its warming up here in Southern California, as I'm sure it is in the rest of the country. The beauty of living where I do is that the weather is generally really great, almost always, especially in the summer. Patio's are buzzing with patrons enjoying the warm breeze and sweet cocktails.

Last night I got the chance to be one of those patio squatters, enjoying a $5 martini and some fries from a place called The Attic in Long Beach. To be honest, the martini special was what lured me in to the ever popular Attic: a home-like restaurant on the corner of a busy intersection. Serving classics like fried chicken and deviled eggs, Attic never misses a beat when it comes to crowds. This place is literally always packed!




I noticed the menu included french fries, which naturally tickled my fancy. I decided to order them, and figured an unplanned review wouldn't hurt. These fries were delicious. Cajun Fries, they were called. They were big and hearty with a great potato-y flavor, complemented by the zesty Cajun seasoning. The skins were left on, which I appreciated. The only drawback I had was that the fries were a bit soggy, lacking the crispiness that I look for in a fry. Great flavor, not so great texture. They did however make up for that with a tangy side-sauce that went well with the fries.




Overall, I would give The Attic a 6 out of 10 for these fries. Not the greatest, but definitely a good munchie with great flavor. Stick around for my next review!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment